The Solopreneur Specialist
Welcome! I’m Elaine Quinn, The Solopreneur Specialist. I help single-person business owners find smart solutions for common problems. With 10+ years as a solo business owner myself, plus 25 years previous management experience with Fortune 100 companies, I bring my clients practical advice to help make their businesses better.
Now and then, every solo business owner, freelancer, or independent professional has questions, problems or decisions to make. Who do you talk to when you’re on your own, managing your business by yourself, and you need advice?
Talk to me! I’m dedicated to solo entrepreneurs who want expert advice and guidance from someone who’s been down the path they’re now traveling. There’s no reason for you to make foolish mistakes that you can avoid with some down-to-earth, real-world advice based on personal experience!
If you’re just starting your business and are feeling a bit overwhelmed, I provide the right amount of structure, information, and perspective to save you tons of time, money and frustration. Instead of haphazardly finding your own way, let me be your personal mentor!
If you’re already in business, but your business isn’t thriving, I’ll help you figure out how to get things back on track. If it’s a matter of strengthening specific skills like increasing productivity, streamlining paperwork, or handling email more efficiently, those things are right up my alley, since I’m a Certified Professional Organizer.® More strategically, I can help you get clear about exactly what you want from your business so the decisions you make will take you where you want to go.
I live in Chicago, but can meet with you anywhere by phone or Skype!
- Worked with a wide variety of solo business owners over the last 10+ years
- Knowledgeable in the latest email, time, paper and self management techniques and apps
- 2 years as a volunteer consultant with Small Business Administration (SCORE)
- 25+ years in sales, training & marketing management with Fortune 100 companies
- BA in sociology/psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- Organizing Business Clients
- Creative Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Organization and Time Management
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Learning Styles & Transferring Skills
- Business Writing
Professional Memberships & Credentials…
- Certified Professional Organizer®since 2007 (first year certification test was offered)
- National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) since 2001
- NAPO-Chicago Board of Directors since 2003
- NAPO-Chicago Chapter President 2007-2008
- Solo Consultants Network
- The Solopreneur Group
- International Association of Solopreneurs
- Solo Entrepreneur Virtual Network
- Network of Women Entrepreneurs